[kj] Ministry in DC

P Bernardi phantasmas at erols.com
Thu Jun 22 01:43:46 EDT 2006

The 7 angry men under a large video screen, rolled on thru to DC
tonight.  Was good to see Raven up there looking all menacing. Victor
was defo into the material jumping around. Drummer was definitely stiff
most of the show.

Lies, Lies, Lies followed by Worthless was the highlight of the evening
for me. At the end of the set all the old material came popping out one
by one. Was nice to hear Stigmata but So What was awful. Mostly in part
on shit sound from the club. N.W.O. didnt sound that great either.

It was a fun show, lots of hot chix attended, cool visuals - but I
realized that Ministry has too much programmed/ pre recorded stuff for
me to really be in awe of them.

Revolting Cocks - whose the lead singer for them? That Hitler looking
dude? freaking lame wastoid, starting quoting American Psycho - it was
the equivalent of a math nerd singing the lumber jack song from Monty
Python. Yeah, Revco was pretty underwhelming tonight. The DC crowd
really wasnt into most of revco - things did pick up for D'ya Think Im Sexy.

And it was loud tonight. I havent been to a show this loud in awhile. I
had earplugs - the wax ones you can mold, and my ears are still fucking
ringing.
p-