[kj] OT: WC

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:19:55 EDT 2006

I would imagine it¹s popularity is on a par with the Superbowl over here.
You grab the average Brit (which isn¹t hard) & ask him who won the Superbowl
& they¹ll probably think you¹re referring to some lucky winner of a pottery
raffle.

Speaking of raffles, I¹m reading Bill Brysons, erm, thingy book ­ the plebs
guide to science * ping! * ŒA Brief History of Everything²
Anyway, the bloke who founded the British Museum went bankrupt buying up
artefacts and what not so raffled it.
It was won by some other bloke I can¹t remember the name of - Parkinson!
James Parkinson (God I find myself hard work) ­ anyway, he¹s the guy who did
all the research in the what was then called the Œshaking palsy¹
As Bryson says in the book, he must go down in history as the only person to
have ever won a museum in a raffle.
Was there a point to this?
Why am I still typing...?

--