[kj] Download

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 12 19:46:38 EDT 2006

If he doesn't like it, why record/release it in the first place?
What a load of old ballacks.  Another sign of typical arse/elbow
confusion from KJ. Or what's left of them.

Jiri <unspeakable at sbcglobal.net> wrote:           Throwing out another possibility: considering he had such an influence on this album, I wonder if Geordie meant he doesn't like the new album *played live*? 'Cause the live renditions I heard sure sounded shit, especially compared to the studio-recorded versions. Normally, I find Joke material *improves* when played live, but that ain't so with what they had been playing (Majestic, Hosannas, Gratitutde). Though admittedly Geordie certainly puts up with playing selections that he doesn't like (such as "Change," according to Jaz).

 Ah well, any such speculation relies on trusting what these two have said at any given moment, which I've found always leads me back to square one anyway. Ah fuck it.

 Alex Smith wrote:
Y'know, to each their own, but I'm just enjoying the fact that someone within the organization iteself is DARING to part with the party-line (read: Jaz's bluster) about the album being their finest accomplishment ever.

But this does beg a few questions: If Geordie doesn't like it, why was it released that way?

Alex in NYC