[kj] KJ at Download

Paula Cook cook_paula at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 05:38:30 EDT 2006

KJ played a banging set at Download - absolutely loved it and well worth the
effort to get to / endure the festival.

As for the tent being half-full I didn't even notice - too busy dancing like
crazy down the front! Jaz was in fine fettle, black and white face paint and
khaki boiler suit and Geordie was unusally animated, waving his arms around
and pulling faces at the start of the set. (Something not right I suspect,
he did become his normal self after the second song!). And when Jaz got us
all to shout "Let's Get the f*** out of here!", that completely cracked me
up! Much better than "Make Poverty History" and no truer word was ever said
by Mr. Coleman - boy was Download an endurance test, I was out of there like
a shot afterwards! (Not what he meant I'm sure! ;-) )

Really great to hear "Unspeakable", and "Gratitude" is now my new favourite
from the new LP.

Even more gutted I missed the UK tour now and looking forward to "Beautiful
Days" - even if that's going to be another endurance test! Are there any US
/ Europe dates being lined up, anyone?

By the way - I've heard rumours of trouble at Download last night - any
truth in that?

Regards to everyone,
Nuclear Girl