[kj] ot - budgie tony bourge

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 13:08:58 EDT 2006

Hi fluw

Sorry I'm not much help on that side of things but I was interested to hear
that he was another who tuned his guitar down. Some very interesting artists
seem to have opted for or flirted with non-standard tuning, including Robert
Fripp, Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley and, I think, Martin Carthy. Steve Howe and
Bill Nelson too in some cases too, I would guess.

I wonder whether Levene, McKay and McGeough also fall into this category?

I dare say you've done your homework on Zal Cleminson. The sound he's
getting live at the moment is fantastic.

Please share anything you uncover about why Bourge left Budgie and what, if
anything, he's up to now.

Si