[kj] Re: ot - budgie tony bourge

Ron Levine breadfan at cybercom.net
Sun Jun 11 12:37:26 EDT 2006

Nice to see Budgie get a mention on the list.  They're my favorite band.
  (Note the email address.)

I cannot recommend getting a copy of their 4/30/78 show from A+M Studios
highly enough.  This was from the last tour with Tony Bourge and is my
all-time favorite live release from any band.  They are at the peak of
their game, tight as hell and smokin' hot.  It's been released on a
couple of two-disc sets, each of which are most worthy: Heavier Than Air
and Radio Sessions '74 and '78.

What bands like Soundgarden were doing in '91, Budgie were doing in '71.
  Legend has it that they weren't allowed to play in several clubs when
they started in the late '60s for being too heavy ...

Ron