[kj] Recent KJ ethnocentric diatribe

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 14:52:44 EDT 2006

So global warming, foreign involvement, and a corrupt Ethiopian government had nothing to do with the Ethiopian population starving? Why isolate just one culture/nation when the issue was/is surrounded by so many other Global factors?
  The only truism is that people fuck. I am sure Geordie likes to. He mocks issues that are the consequence of a restriction of education and knowledge, and the collapse of colonial Africa.

Mark Kolmar <mkolmar at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 5/31/06, Alexander Smith wrote:

> I believe even Geordie has made his fair share of cringe-worthy statements.
> I seem to remember him saying something about how Ethiopians are being
> irresponsible for breeding or something.

I used to have a photocopy of that article, from 1986. The general
effect was to say the Ethiopians were bringing new people into a
condition of misery and starvation just for a fuck.

A few points here:

First, you must remember political correctness had not yet taken the
kind of solid hold it has on so many (especially) left-leaning people.
Geordie's statement was shocking because it is an obvious truism,
stated indelicately.
http://mail.yahoo.com