[kj] OT: Stranglers

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Thu Jun 8 14:41:47 EDT 2006

Three.
Prabably. They were rich!
Both.
Dunno. But i wouldn't want to find out by saying "oi. Burnel outside Now, you pansy!"

--- circuit_bender at yahoo.com wrote:

From: Papa Lazarou <circuit_bender at yahoo.com>
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Stranglers
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

how many original members are left?
  did they really vote tory, or was it just because they were from finchley, and fancied maggie?
  were they sexist, or parodying dirty old men?
  what belt or dan is JJ now?

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote:
  I know there are a few Stranglers fans here.
You may not know that Paul Roberts has left the band and that the guitarist Baz Warne has taken over vocals. They played in Weston Supermare recently and I found a clip on the net. He sounds amazingly like Hugh Cornwell and plays very much like him too. VEry encouraging.

The new album is out September and they say it sounds great but they would!!)

Personally, I am relieved. Though not a terrible singer by any means, I felt that his voice was overdone in places and it marred a few tracks.

http://www.strangled.co.uk/news.htm