[kj] OT:Posties

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 10:55:25 EDT 2006

My ex-wife was a postal carrier for a while and she has plenty of animal
stories.  She would carry dog treats with her.

One of them was a German Sheppard eating (literally) through the screen,
getting all bloody, trying to then get through the storm door to get to her.

Another one is dropping mail in a door mail slot and feeling something on
her back.  She peeked through the mail slot and saw a CAT, all wild eyed
batting at her.

But one of her fellow postal workers was delivering mail.  A dog broke
through a giant sun window (6' x 6' type of thing).  Clamped onto her neck
and then died because it had a piece of glass stuck in its neck.  The
carrier survived with minimal problems and at the time was 4 months
pregnant.

there

Chris