[kj] [OT] Lebanon news

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Thu Jul 20 22:33:52 EDT 2006

"Scarlet" babbled:

> Well let's see...
>
>   If the sole intention of Hezbollah's formation was to get the Israeli
>> troops out of Lebanon, you must ask why Hezbollah didnt disband when the
>> Isreali troops did eventually leave Lebanon a few years ago.
>
> Because although the Iseali's left, they sat on the boarders with hundreds
> of tanks. And constantly kidnapped people and held them as hostage in
> jails
> in Isreal. Not just men either. but women and children!

Do you have a link to such "kidnapping" of Lebanon women and especially
children?

As for those tanks sitting on the border, now why would a country how has
routinely had short range rockets fired almost daily across that border want
to protect and police that border?

(snip)

> Let's see, at the moment Isreal has killed over 300 "civilians" and
> Hezbollah has killed 25 people half of which are actual soldiers. Seems to
> me Isreal is punishing people not actually doing to well against the
> militia
> though, is it? Why did Palestinian Hamas kiddnap a solidier, maybe because
> Isreal closed a border for 6 months which meant the Palistineans couldn't
> get their crops to market. Isreal "kidnapped" a whole country. Imagine
> this.
> Tony Blair disagrees with the Spanish Priminister and rather than go
> through
> diplomacy, he sends in a crack troop of soldiers and shoots him, or better
> still bombs his house. cause Isreal has been doing that to Palistine and
> Lebenon for over 30 years!

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, None. It's like
listening to a McDonalds order taker talk about nuclear physics.

I'd suggest spending a couple hours reading up on the short term and long
term history of the region off a few unbiased sources, but you clearly have
your mind made up and are rooting for the "underdog" regardless of the
circumstances or underlying reasons for this current conflict.

Lemme give you one clue. Hezbollah and/or the Lebanon Parliament could end
this conflict at any time by doing the right thing and surrendering those
hostages and securing their own borders. That they continue *daily* to put
the entire country and population at risk because of *their own actions
which precipitated this attack* speaks volumes about who cares for their own
people.

T.B.