[kj] ot - for US gatherers - dixie test

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 16 11:32:29 EDT 2006

many of the hillbillies playing jigs and reels on their banjers and
fiddles in the remote back hollers of the appalachians came from the
british islands and used the music they knew there as aggregate for the
sounds today known as bluegrass, fiddle and country music. maybe some of
those linguistic dixieisms have similar roots in anglicisms as well?