[kj] OT: Clash-inspired house music???

GREG SLAWSON GregSlawson at msn.com
Thu Jul 6 10:42:27 EDT 2006

There's a documentary that says that "Magnificent Seven" (from Sandinista) was actually a hit on the hiphop station in NYC for a short time in 1980 or whatever. And I've also read that Mick Jones was kicked out (with the urging of the manager Bernie Rhodes) because he was not political enough and too into disco/funk sounds (which both seem true if you listen to BAD records).