[kj] OT: Clash-inspired house music???

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 10:04:56 EDT 2006

I was reading a 'history of house music' on wikipedia and read the
following:

"In Sheffield, England the industrial band Cabaret Voltaire is often
considered to have pioneered their own version of the "house sound" as early
as 1981 with tracks like "automotivation". Some recordings of The Clash have
also been seen in a similar light."

Does anybody know what those recordings are?

By the way, I saw James Brown last night at Tower of London music festival
and he was fantastic. I had managed to get a free ticket and am not actually
a soulster, but you can see why he's a legend when you see him live. Despite
shooting his wife and all that, he seemed like a real nice guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_music#History

Nick