[kj] OT: Seeing Red

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 11:25:01 EDT 2006

>I thought Lampard might miss because he was having a 'mare of a tournament and that just rounded it off perfectly.

Yeah, must admit I wondered the same thing - can't believe he hasn't scored (especially given how many shots he's had). I was hoping he'd find his form yesterday (maybe Sven was hoping the same thing) but sadly... That said, I don't think he's played *badly* - just not with the usual finishing. (Which is, er, rather important.)

Rooney has his moments, but frankly I don't rate him as highly as everyone else seems to. Partly 'cos he's an obnoxious twat, I must admit. I had (and have) the same feelings about that other darling of the England fans - Gazza.

I watched bits of France-Brazil last night, and it made me slightly less disappointed to have gone out at the QF - no way would England have beaten either of those teams.

Jamie