[kj] Re: Hosannas promo RAR file needs password

F Luke fluke_839 at fsmail.net
Sun Jan 29 12:28:24 EST 2006

I must first apologise for writing such a "befuddled and irrational " response, but you must understand that I do a traditional mans job and therefore have no need to improve on my "office" skills. I tried to answer most of your points, but I can tell by your response that you did nt understand my points .
     I'm left with no option  but to explain in detail: If a builder spent three years of his life and a lot of money building a row of houses and then bought some customers around to purchase them, would he be happy if half the house were occupied by squatters who claimed the houses as theirs and refused to move out? ( I'm making comparisons between people getting valuable things for nothing, when someone who made these valuable things spent time and money doing it and receives nothing in return). I also did nt "grant permission" for albums being uploaded upon release, I merely acknowledged that it will happen, Ideally it would be fair if ALL albums were made freely available a year after their release date, giving the albums time to generate some cash.  How you can possibly think that making an album freely available two months before its release will not harm sales is beyond me. I don't know what work you do, but would you be happy if you spent three years making something, then people come to help themselves to it, without giving you anything in return? "Excitement " is generated by leaking a few songs, not the whole album!!!
        You keep saying that the band wanted the whole album leaked, but why did nt they upload it themselves then? What right do you have to speak on behalf of killing Joke? What gives you the right to give their music away? That is the bottom line: It was nt your music to give away.
So whatever you wanted is irrelevant , you are free to record an album yourself and upload it, but you should nt divulge things that you have no ownership over. You have done a massive disservice to the band and quite frankly ,fucked them over, big time ( sorry, could nt think of a better phrase)
  As your typing is so good, I would assume that you work in a female environment, that is probably why you do not understand the meaning of trust and honour, you are more concerned with spreading gossip, unfortunately this time it was nt gossip but it was someones livelihood.
     The bottom line is: You had no right to do what you did...............no right at all
F.Luke

Message Received: Jan 29 2006, 02:19 PM