[kj] Re: Hosannas promo RAR file needs password

James Osborne rush_me_away at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 01:33:43 EST 2006

I have over 400GB of MP3s and Music Videos and I am well aware of CD dates. I also own over 600 CDs and 100 records. Not everyone who downloads music does it to be a cheap bastard :)

Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote: I don't see what the difference is. It's gonna get
uploaded eventually when it comes out. Everyone will
download it as opposed to buying it then.  I don't
think people who choose to only download music are
even aware of CD release dates anyway.

Leigh

--- F Luke  wrote:

> I dont know who is condemning who.But as there are
> just (album sales wise) a small amount of people on
> this list (who will all buy the album anyway), then
> I cant see there being a problem with people getting
> hold of copies and sharing amongst themselves. But
> problems arise when people upload it to file sharing
> sites which are accessible to any one who wants to
> access it. What were the people thinking of when
> they uploaded it to SSK?
> Will it affect sales, I think it will. If it was
> leaked just a few days before the official release
> then people would be more inclined to purchase, but
> when it is eventually released then people will have
> had the album for over two months. Yes the handful
> of people on this list will buy the album,
> unfortunately KJ need to sell more than a handful to
> cover costs. Yes the hardcore fans will buy it, but
> the "floating" fans probably wont .
> Who ever uploaded it to file-sharing
> sites.................why did you do it?
>  F.Luke

> Message Received: Jan 26 2006, 04:34 PM
> From: "Mark Kolmar"
> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the
> band!)"
> Subject: Re: [kj] Re: Hosannas promo RAR file needs
> password
>
> That's two different issues, isn't it? The CD should
> remain reliable
> for years, if you treat it decently well. The band
> themselves --
> maybe not so much.
>
> I'm curious -- why condemn those who download the
> MP3s? Please don't
> say it has to do with buying or not buying the
> music. Those, again,
> are two separate things. The album is not available
> in any other form
> yet, and the final release might be different.>

James "Bruce" Osborne
rush_me_away at yahoo.com
www.circlewithadot.net -> information on obscure japanese artists