[kj] Please all read! Re: Gathering Digest, Vol 25, Issue 151

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 03:47:59 EST 2006

On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 08:13, Rob's Arse wrote:

> No. It's a cry for help.
>
>  Please can folks edit their replies and cut off unwanted or dead info from
> the bottom. I have left the detail here just to show how frustrating it is.
>
>  Lots of folk have requested this, so if we could oblige please............

I remember back in the day when modems were slow and we all paid for each byte
mailing lists and forums had a weekly chart of who was overquoting the most
to shame them. Anything over 70% quote was considered embarrasing. Back then
quoting the entire digest and having messages pushing the 40k mark would have
got your turfed out, and possibly beaten up if you were local.

Overquoting to this extent is often seen as a side effect of top-posting.
Something that didn't seem to exist prior to the appearence of Outlook
Express.

I should add that I find unnecessary use of html in emails to be almost as
annoying but I don't expect anyone to care as usual. This isn't the season
for constructive criticism. All criticism = bad. People will carry on
overquoting because people won't be told.

--
PRAEst76