[kj] Random gossip

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 12:03:59 EST 2006

In the interest of tossing some more rumors out there...all kinds of fun
stuff floating on Joe's board, about touring, album format, bass
players, and the velocity of an unladen swallow. From a post by Scarlet
Woman, who interviewed Jaz and was at the album preview in Paris:

"He was in very high spirits and wouldn't stop talking, even though the
label guy was frantically waving that we were ruining his planning...
In a nutshell (can't remember everything coz he said so many things),
they chose to record in a very "live" manner, mixing the music through
radio speakers, it wasn't recorded in war zones, but in "poverty zones",
the painter who did the artwork (and also worked on the whole booklet)
is a friend of theirs (Raven found him), his two biggest heroes are
Gandhi and Churchill. He wants to release the album on vinyl as well, in
3 limited editions, with different songs and artworks, some of the songs
that were left out will also appear as B-sides. He told me a lot about
the song lyrics, esp. about Lightbringer, which is about his beliefs
regarding the origins of mankind. He also said Youth was still a
full-time member of the band, even though he didn't take part in the
recording of the new album. But he said Raven is much superior live and,
unlike Youth, he can help him with the backing vocals.
He asked how the Gatherers were doing, I said everyone was excited at
the prospect of a new album. He asked how Jester was doing and he said
he was welcome to drum on Pandemonium when they play Texas.
I don't have precise info on tour dates, coz he told me the dates
regarding KJ were coming in at the moment. I'm gonna ask the label though.
When we arrived at the hotel, we first had coffee with Jaz, then we had
about an hour long interview in his room. In the end, he said he wanted
me to ask him more questions, so we had 20 minutes more at the club,
before he did his little speech. He also told me about his favourite
books, philosophers, movies, etc. etc., but I really can't remember
everything at the moment."