[kj] Shout Hosannas...

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:20:42 EST 2006

Shout Hosannas,
Shout Hosannas from the Basements of Hell!

Give me Joy in my Heart, etc.

Finally got to hear what you've all been raving about the last few days.

'Walking With Gods' brings a tear... worth the price of the album alone
(although I probably won't be buying it now I've got the mp3s, not with that
cover. It's a protest against the dumping of Colesy. And you can tell that
to the "Bassman from Hell" heh-heh. I reckon they leaked it anyway. How
could they not have known that this would happen? They must think it's a
good album, to let it slip out early, too. No change of putting people off.)

'Invocation' - yeah, a bit 'Kashmir' but just about different enough. Love
it. The strings get a bit over-complicated and ineffectual towards the end,
that's my only criticism.

'This Tribal Antidote' - should be the single.

'Hosannas...' - not quite the anthem it wants to be but doesn't fall too far
short. Love the imagery of hosannas rising from hell.

'Judas Goat' - I thought this was gonna be terrible with a name like that
but it's another winner from Team Killing Joke!

'Implosion' - miles better than 'Implant'. Oh, man - what's wrong with some
people?!

'Gratitude' - "I am so NOT grateful". Boring.

'Lightbringer' - nine and a half minutes of ... nothing. KJ-lite. V. poor.

'Majestic' - Regal (King size).

People said it was a mix between ED&VRE and DEMOCRACY but I'd say it has
elements of the last four albums. Much happier with Geordie's sound on this
one. Not so abrasive. Benny does brilliantly. I'm sure technically what
Grohl did is very impressive but he's just not a Joker, sorry if that
offends anyone.

Shame Jaz's voice has gone but not much we can do about that. He could try
sucking a Fisherman's Friend, I s'pose.