[kj] Re: mp3 bit rate

Stephen Robinson heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 15:19:25 EST 2006

I rather like the messy production to be honest, I thought Jaz's Vocals were
far too high on KJ2003, but then I have been listening to mosty
instrumental music these days.

Still, when the full album comes out we'll probably have two versions, this
cheap and cherful sounding grungy (as in ounding Grungy, not that bloody
ghastly post Nivarna rubbish) and a pristine pop mix!

> don't know if this has been covered in an earlier post, but here goes;
>
> finally rose from my stupor in an attempt to listen to the new
> offering & was immediately struck by how poorly mixed / recorded the
> whole thing is. the vocals are occasionally very low in the mix &
> have no clarity (TTA, Hosanna), the drums are nowhere over most of
> the album apart from the rat tat tat of the hi-hat. thought it might
> be a property of my harman sound sticks, but no, even the lamented
> (production wise) Extremities & Democracy come through clearer &
> certainly with a better mix. maybe the bit-rate of the mp3's is low
> then ? again no, i've had a quick looksee & without exception the bit-
> rate of the new recordings is higher than the 128mbps i usually find
> on my machine.
>
> sincerely hope the 'leak' is not final version, (amazon lists the
> same tracks) as frankly this does not get close to the bar, high as
> they've set it.

Regards