[kj] 2 cents majestic

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 22:48:38 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/6/2006 7:39:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fluwdot at earthlink.net writes:

i could  do without majestic's extremities rehash only because we have heard
the same  riff before, but i quite like the middle descending chromatic
chimes..the  length of the tunes are fine with me too, just hope the album opens up
a  little sonically on the official release with proper bit rate.

Rob's  Arse wrote:
Quite agree.  That track has really grown on me and Majestic too. Some really
excellent  stuff in there.

I'm starting to see teh bigger picture and am more  comfortable with the
length of songs and the vocals (but they are still the  weakest link). There is
alot of good keyboard work in there too. adds to the  tension.

Ive listened to it everything some times over and just can't quite it it to
really do it for me. there are a few good songs and most of the songs have
their  "moments"-  a catchy chorus here,  some cool synths there etc.  but
nothing that strikes me so much- some could grow on me though,
But and a big but, I think "Majestic" is a wonderful song-  yes , its like
2-3 extremities songs rolled into 1 but I feel its them  at their best. Its
special music that no other band could emulate- It made me  proud to hear that
song and  to see that they can still come up with  something like that.
adam