[kj] cover/cutthroat cuts

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 11:20:45 EST 2006

Funny that Killing Joke are as uninterested in what
Coles has to say as he is in what I have to say,
presumably perhaps because
I've never bought any of his T-shirts etc.

Well it makes me laUGH!

--- fluw <fluwdot at earthlink.net> wrote:

> with all the touting and thanks given at various
> times during the bands
> ( whoever the band "is"?) career it may be difficult
> to consider this,
> as the case against it seems soundly laid by those
> sleeve thanks and
> various benefit efforts *but*
>
> for those within the click at any given time, kj are
> only friendly with
> whom they have business convenience... like a pack
> of feral teenagers -
> using who they need at any given time. makes one
> wonder if like a
> corporation, any philanthropy or benefit efforts on
> part of the band are
> merely token public relation stunts.
> /this may not seem fair to speculate but will do
> anyway/; would they
> attend each others funerals, or not bother to visit
> each other in a
> hospital death bed like, bowie - ronson?
> their friendships seem tentative, cynical, and if
> all isn't fair
> weather, ultimately cutthroat. not that the
> backstabbing and cutthroat
> is that much different than say wallstreet, justice
> systems, business,
> family, or politics. just an aesthetic difference
> with a more haphazard
> effect.
>
> despite recent camaraderie or stage embraces, there
> also seems to be a
> prevalent sense of arms distance or paranoia amongst
> the members of the
> band - hired guns, associates and hanger ons. maybe
> this apparent
> paranoia is just reaction to life as it is for human
> society, that just
> happens to be heightened in the rock n roll confines
> - with it's rather
> extroverted back stabbing culture.  the recent
> displays of affection and
> respect may be the fruits of the evolution this band
> has been through
> and a new trend in things *kj *
>
> but what the fuck do i know and what do fans really
> know. also, who
> besides a percentage of the geezers on this list
> would care to know
> anyway. until the band is at a commercial level
> which could warrant a
> "behind the music" episode and profit from blowing
> the lid off the* KJ*
> puzzle, this stuff will most likely be conjecture at
> best.
>
> if a candid revelation were possible, it would be
> interesting to hear
> what bpf, youth, etc. think. but that sort of
> personal business
> declaration ultimately might be vulgar and
> unnecessary.
>
> regardless, for those on the outside the truth may
> never be known - as
> the band is a commercial entity, and as such is not
> particularly
> sensitive to individuals. while it's inner turmoil
> must always be spun
> to fit an agenda.

> [...]

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!