[kj] Hosannas, The Cover

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 6 11:08:58 EST 2006

My thinking:
I really wish they were using Colesy, his stuff is so complete and
appropriate for the material it almost goes without saying. But if
they're not using the man with glee, at least they're not pulling a
Krusty. (Though the font might as well be called "If Krusty Could
Write.") And at least they're not pulling a  "Jaz's Big Head in front of
three nobody's--oh, those are the other members" as in Night Time, or
"Now Just Jaz's Big Head" as in BTATS.

At least this is art, something I can look at for a while. I'm cool with
using art that moves you, and if this is housed in a gallery in Prague,
perhaps it means something to one of them (*cough* Jaz). But here the
original, bigger, non-square piece looks more interesting to me than the
cropped bit on the cover! And the font will truly make me embarrassed to
show the album to non-converts. ("Never mind that, just have a
listen...they're actually in their 40s")