[kj] (no subject)

Michael Head mickhead at beeb.net
Fri Jan 6 08:06:15 EST 2006

"That's interesting Mick, I hadn't heard that.

Personally, I'm not a musician, and am not qualified to comment on
others' talent (or lack of) - but I know what I like! And I rate both
the studio recordings and the tour for Pandemonium.  I went to several
of the gigs (London, Bristol, Nottingham, Watford, as I recall) and
they rocked.  Youth was excellent - considerable stage presence. And
whatever Dugmore was doing with the drums certainly worked for me.

In terms of creative input, I think that listening to early Joke versus
later Joke proves that Big Paul was the man, and no one, but no one,
has been a satisfactory replacement. Not saying they haven't been good;
just that they haven't filled the shoes of one of the driving forces of
the Joke.

Jamie"

... and therein you've hit the nail on the head. No Youth, no BPF, no
Joke.