[kj] Dugmore and others

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 06:17:38 EST 2006

That's interesting Mick, I hadn't heard that.

Personally, I'm not a musician, and am not qualified to comment on
others' talent (or lack of) - but I know what I like! And I rate both
the studio recordings and the tour for Pandemonium.  I went to several
of the gigs (London, Bristol, Nottingham, Watford, as I recall) and
they rocked.  Youth was excellent - considerable stage presence. And
whatever Dugmore was doing with the drums certainly worked for me.

In terms of creative input, I think that listening to early Joke versus
later Joke proves that Big Paul was the man, and no one, but no one,
has been a satisfactory replacement. Not saying they haven't been good;
just that they haven't filled the shoes of one of the driving forces of
the Joke.

Jamie