[kj] my two cents on the album

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:53:53 EST 2006

On 5/1/06 16:29, "Alex Smith" wrote:

> And I'm concerned for Jaz's voice. Sing that way for too long and you're not
> going to have much of a voice left to speak of.....pardon the pun.

I had (a very pleasant I might add) lunch with the mighty Sir Blobbert of
Moss today and we were discussing the very same thing. As Rob said after 3
years of touring and whatnot his voice was/is fucked & his only option was
to shout it which I can believe. It sounds very raw does it not? Like he's
swallowed glass.
I also blame all them there cigars ;) You should never stick anything in
your mouth that's big enough to stick up your arse, let alone set fire to
it. Well, that's my motto.
Anyways, I can understand why he's had to cancel dates.

I'm only on my second listen, but I think this is going to be a real grower.
To my mind this is the album that should have followed Pandemonium.
Many of the choruses are heeeughe anthems.
Is it me or is it almost a pastiche of classic Killing Joke - does that
makes sense?
Invocation IS communion for example. (which I think would be stunning live)
Walking With Gods is basically Change - a good bouncer :)

Is it me or could that jangly bit in Hosannas be The Smiths...?

Like a brook, I babble....