[kj] Hosannas Day two

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 4 11:05:38 EST 2006

Thanks for the report, Chris.

I remember a few songs on KJ2003 were originally 2 minutes or so longer
than what turned up on the album, so I'm hoping that's the case here and
it's an unfinished mix. An album of 7-, 8-, and damn near 10-minute
songs is not my ideal. I would like 10 songs on an album, though! And no
more Asteroids -- once was fine, but enough!

...Otherwise I'm pretty energized by what I've heard so far, although
it's been tough to make out the bass and keys either on this mix/on my
mac speakers/with construction outside my office.

...Also, though I'd like a little singing from Jaz, I wonder if at his
age and with a history of beating up his voice, if Jaz just isn't
capable of that anymore? Seems like a lot of singers flatten into a very
narrow range by their 40s.

-Jiri, who's not looking forward to stewing over this for two months
before the final disc is in his hands.