[kj] Hosannas.....sneak peak ..loose cannon anyone?

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 21:44:03 EST 2006

*implosion ?*  ehh..not bad. i can dig it ...*but;;

*remember how excited everyone was when - implant - was leaked?!! just a
great song, then what followed - zennon - very interesting, it had many
thinking there was going to be some really disparate interesting sounds
on '03. then the rest was, blah, nothing up to the standard that was
previously set.

*implosion* reminds me of what i had hoped expected the rest of 2003
would sound like after hearing "implant". and as such, it would fit well
on 2003 as good/better filler.
*implosion* is a mix of two ingredients basically - 2003 and democracy.
just too much of the adolescent musical artifacts of kj  '03, asteroid
attention grabbing hits for example.
other than the brief washed out ringing melodies ala democracy -
*geordie's* sound has more of the thin indistinct scraping raspy metal
tinge that dominated 2003 again, he sounds like he is coasting -
creatively on this one, not a good sign imo.

*jaz's* voice continues to head into the wrenched palate of oscar the
grouchland, excess of the vices has taken an irreversible toll no doubt.
thoughtful lyrics

*implosion'*s beat is very well played, yet standard lack luster modern
rock again. --- anyone else notice how ineffective and uninteresting the
drumming has been despite the technique and talent level boasted on
recent recordings?--- driving, metronomic, state of the art, yet
/unmemorable./

how is it that grol, ben, and dugmore sound weak and forgettable next to
meg white?! suspect overplaying, frantic, lack of taste, histrionic, no
soul.

the extraneous sounds via keys and such are nice though, if that helps.

in all it isn't bad, very good actually when one compares it to other
bands, just not a big change or improvement upon what 2003 gave us. and
for me, those 11 or 12 from 03 were more than enough once, yikes.

i am hoping this one is not indicative of the what is too follow and is
the singular dud on hosanna. ala loose cannon