[kj] Hosannas 1 KJ2003 0

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:13:21 EST 2006

This new stuff pisses all over the cartoon nu-metal of 2003. This is
glorious. I'm hearing TRUE Killing Joke again and it's wonderful!

Oddly, the two tracks officially available to check out prior to release,
i.e. Implosion and the title track are IMHO the least interesting tracks on
the album, but still pretty fair.

Here's a few things missing from the album:

shit Youth tampering
crap production
pandering to the Kerrang audience (well, maybe a bit)
lukewarm drumming
weak tracks

Concentrating all the efforts of the personnel on this project, and living
and playing together lots like a real group should, having a shit hot
drummer and turning up the volume on (still) the most extraordinary sound
these ears know of (that beatiful Geordie guitar) have all paid off - and
they've remembered to make it danceable!

Above all, the genuine passion shines through, and I get those goose pimples
again which have been so rare since 1991 (with the honourable exception of
Aeon and one or two other bits from Pandemonium and Democracy).

Hope when I buy the real thing Geordie doesn't get turned down in the mix
(again).

Whaddyareckon?

gb