[kj] Potential Heresy

Djehuti111 djehuti111 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 15:03:24 EST 2006

 Ahoy Alex!

 I hear the similarity (in both the Guitar tone and
the staccato rhythm) that you're talking about.
 But then again, I hear "Rebel Rebel" in Eighties too.
;)

 BTW, I missed the earlier post, all the best to you
and Peg and the tiny ones.

 A L P

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Okay, before I say this and get pelted with rocks
> and garbage and
> later crucified upside down after being dunked in a
> vat of my own
> tepid filth, I'd like to say in my defense that I'm
> not quite of
> sound mind these days give our scare earlier in the
> week. But I've
> had "Implosion" running through my head like mad
> over the past three
> days while running back and forth from home to
> hospital -- all the
> while not being able to put my finger on what OTHER
> song it reminded
> me of. Today, the wife's still in hospital, and
> Charlotte our 2 yr
> old is in daycare, so I have a fleeting moment's
> peace and quiet
> here. And it finally hit me.
>
> Listen to the riff of "Implosion"
>

> Listen to the riff of "Live Wire" by Motley Crue.
>

> Sound familiar to you? Not exactly identical, mind
> you
> but........What do you think?
>
> Alex in NYC

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The
darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the
silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,
studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a
stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of
the ceremony."