[kj] The IT Crowd

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 07:49:41 EST 2006

On Saturday 11 Feb 2006 12:31, Antoni Adamiak wrote:

> Interesting ... with Nathan Barley I came in at episode 3 or 4 (by which
> time it was obviously rocking) and saw 5 and 6 on TV ... then picked up on
> the first couple via a bootleg ebay CD ahead of the DVD release ... the
> Barley DVD contains a pilot episode which is less funny though includes
> several ideas developed in the 6 main episodes ...

I hated Nathan Barley originally. I just found I was looking at the show from
the wrong angle and when I went back to it on the repeat run I thought it was
fantastic. A second series was in production last I heard. Be interesting to
see where they go with that.

> I need to rewatch
> episodes 1 and 2 of the IT Crowd as I've only seen snippets so far (managed
> to tape them though) but it seemed unfunny ...

I got the feeling that the show was perhaps "sanitised" for production and the
original idea may have been sharper. I think they could have been more "geek"
jokes and less slapstick.

--
PRAEst76