[kj] Atkins and the PiL DVD

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 11:52:14 EST 2006

hindsight's 20/20, hey Martin?

LONESTYLE at aol.com wrote:          He still he is a wanker! ~LB

  In a message dated 2/9/2006 2:38:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, _meddle at cox.net writes:
  Here's a word or two regarding the bootleg Pil DVD from Martin Atkins via the
latest Underground, Inc. newsletter:

>From Martin: A Lapse of Judgment...
I met Jah Wobble last night at his show here in Chicago. Things didn't end very well
between him and I with The Damage Manual, so I wanted to show my face and say
hello to the guy I was in PiL with 27 years ago! It was good to see him, but he was
upset about the PiL DVD bootleg that I put up on the site - I explained why I had
done it - that someone was making money on it - why not me too? But, standing in
front of him, I realized several things: that, basically, two wrongs don't make a right,
that it makes me look like I am manufacturing the thing (I bought some from a
distributor) and, worst of all, it takes the piss out of my ex-bandmates whose
performances are also on the DVD.
I apologized and told him I would remove it from the site today. I think that this
episode defines the phrase "lapse of judgment" perfectly and I humbly apologize
to all concerned.