[kj] Saddam....

Kyle Fite kylefite at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 00:28:57 EST 2006

...yeah, and funny how the twin towers collapsed with a death toll incomprehensible and the promises of bringing Osama Bin Laden to justice have resulted in nothing. And does anyone care at this point? And at this point, would it matter? Yes, I agree that Saddam ended where he should have...and still it's not enough to account for the fear, death and loss which he left in his wake. It never is.

I recall very vividly seeing a photo on CNN or some such airing of a mother wailing in grief over her dead child ("sleeping" so innocently whilst bathed in blood), killed during the War in Iraq by Amercian Soldiers. Someone I'll never meet but I often think of her and wonder about her as she wakes up and carries on with the rest of her mortal life with that wound which will never heal...just one person and just one dead baby. And a lifetime of Sorrow.

The multiplication of this exceeds the human ability to ingest pain.

There are two musicians for me who push through this with mad howlings, embodied catharsis and offer a way out. David Tibet and Jaz Coleman. I can't help but spin their discs as anything less than poetic prophecy. The wailings and denouncements of Jeremiah and the ecstatic visionary hope of I.N.R.I. BEYOND the "Fairy Tale."

Wishing you all a moment of peace and a new year which may unfold our best potential and keep the Fire Dancing on this Planet!

Kyle

GREG SLAWSON <gregslawson at msn.com> wrote:
Pretty funny how the CIA ushered Saddam into power in the early 60s, provided him with lists of people (including many communists and union activits) to kill in order to consolidate his reign, gives him "permission" to gas the Kurds, provides him with funds for his military during the 80s Iran/Iraq War (to keep Iran from getting too strong)--and, when he starts signing low-priced oil deals w/France and China--imposes sanctions & bombs sewage treatment and other utilities (alone killing 1,500,000 civilians), invades twice, and finally kills him! Ain't imperialism grand...