[kj] Apologies, James Brown and the full picnic

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 27 09:20:51 EST 2006

Well, if I sincerely offended Mik, I apologize. Likewise, Peter --- you remain the consummate wind-up artist, and quite possibly a few sancwichs short of a full picnic, but you're otherwise a good gent. If anyone left the Gathering because of a disagreement over the merits of James Brown, I'd find that rather unfortunate. It's a discussion list, for cryin' out loud. The Gathering has *always* been a haven for spirited debate. I don't believe that should change. Mik and I used to cross swords over the Ramones' contributions all the time (y'know, how it was them and Richard Hell and Iggy Pop who invented Punk, and not the Brits). I'd hate to see him leave over this, much less be disillusioned because of it.

My two cents.

Alex in NYC