[kj] R.I.P. James Brown

BS Crack BSCrack at UltimateEmail.com
Wed Dec 27 07:05:13 EST 2006

Why are you seeking "similarities" Lennonka? Are you seeking conformity? Are you seeking others that are similar to you? Are you looking for something to belong too?
The building blocks of life are made up of opposites attracting each other, joining together and making something combined and therefore stronger.
Add two lots of flour together and you get alot of Flour. Add one lot of flour and an egg and you get a Pancake.
It's about Ying and Yang Lennonka , NOT Ying and Ying

--- svoje.ja at centrum.cz wrote:

From: "Lennonka" <svoje.ja at centrum.cz>
To: <BSCrack at UltimateEmail.com>, "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:53:21 +0100

I am not looking for differencies. I am looking for similarities.
Let's make the world better, Peter!

Yours, mother Earth and the human beings

> Od: BSCrack at UltimateEmail.com

> Komu: <vassifer at earthlink.net>

> CC: gathering at misera.net

> Datum: 26.12.2006 21:37

> Předmět: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>The origins of Rap, Funk and hip hop can be traced back to the 1400's in

Africa . Musical styles constantly evolve . J.B was around at the time
when Funk came onto being, although he himself credits Little Richard as
being the first person to play funk in the 50's.

>Music would have been exactly the same if JB hadnt been born . Its a bit

like saying that without Joe Strummer, punk would never have existed .

>James brown was influential. If it wasnt for James brown, do you think

that Snopp Doggy Dog would now be working in McDonalds? Ice Cube would be
a Taxi driver?

band!)" <gathering at misera.net>, gathering at misera.net

>Cc: gathering at misera.net

>Subject: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:43:49 -0500 (EST)

>"Alex: Do you really believe that had James Brown not entered the music

business then funk and hip hop would never have been invented?"

>Yes. Fully. Do your homework.

>Alex in NYC

died. Claims that bear no resemblance to reality, for example:

>>"but the man's influence extends far and wide beyond simply funk and hip

hop (neither of which would've existed without his contributions)"

>>Alex: Do you really believe that had James Brown not entered the music

business then funk and hip hop would never have been invented? James Brown
had predecessors who influenced him , music is an evolving form and
numerous people have contributed to musics evolution. To say that One man
is solely responsible for not one, but two genres of music is a huge
exaggeration.

>>If James Brown hadnt have been born, then music today would still be

exactly the same as it is now.

>>He was just as famous for his dance steps than he was for the music he

made. Can anyone sing ten James Brown songs?...........five?.........well
apart from his two famous songs, can anyone sing or hum any of his other
tunes? Because I certainly cant.

>>"James Brown practically *INVENTED* stage presence"

>>So you are saying that before James Brown there was nt anybody who had

any "stage presence"? I cant disagree because I dont know .

>>"And judging James Brown via his cameos in "The Blues Brothers" or

"Rocky IV" or whatever is like judging Killing Joke solely by OUTSIDE THE
GATE."

>>Well no. James Browns contribution to the Rocky film gave him his only

UK Number 1.

<gathering at misera.net>, "'A list about all things Killing Joke (the
band!)'" <gathering at misera.net>

>>Subject: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>>Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:16:31 -0500 (EST)

>>"The only music he influenced was crap..."

>>Sorry, Mik, but this is just a patently ridiculous statement. Again, I'm

not saying you have to like James Brown, but the man's influence extends
far and wide beyond simply funk and hip hop (neither of which would've
existed without his contributions). James Brown practically *INVENTED*
stage presence -- Iggy Pop, Robert Plant, Ian McCulloch, Jaz Coleman, Joe
Stummer -- none of them can top, let alone touch what James Brown was. He
was as crucial a performer/innovator/artist as anyone you can name.

>>This just reminds me of the Beatles conversation we had a couple of

weeks ago. I know it seems like a really, punky, iconoclastic thing to say
that you don't like James Brown (who was inarguably "punker" than any band
you can name -- listen to "Say It Loud, I"m Black & I"m Proud" and
consider the context of the times), but to not recognize his influence and
contribution just makes you seem a bit narrow, misinformed and, frankly,
dim.

>>And judging James Brown via his cameos in "The Blues Brothers" or "Rocky

IV" or whatever is like judging Killing Joke solely by OUTSIDE THE GATE.

>>Alex in NYC

>>and he was just a criminal who some people thought

me

>>>myopic? Guess I'll go find my reading glasses then! :-) Actually, never

been