[kj] Choose 3

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 22:02:54 EST 2006

I know - zero credibilty for me. I did give this some thought and based my selections on how often I give each CD a spin.
Fire Dances was always gonna be one of the 3. It took me the longest to warm to this release but I have come to enjoy its quirkiness (hard to believe it was the predecessor to Night Time). What still shits me about it is Jaz's lame one-dimensional lyrical effort. He seems to have written a whole album based on the following short list of words: We, Go, La-La, Fire/Blaze/Flame, New, Day, Way, Basic, Man, Dance. I do realise that the album has an overall theme (as do many KJ albums) but Jaz just seems to have taken the easy way out.
Revelations was almost safe. I really do like it - I just don't seem to play it much. As I get older I seem to be gravitating to more heavier music and, in the end, I chose KJ03 over Revelations because of the brilliant Seeing Red and the thunderous Total Invasion even though Revelations is a much more consistent effort throughout.
OTG might not have made my loser three 10 or 15 years ago. I quite liked it when it came out but I come from a prog-rock-listening background so it kinda fit my style of music back then. It's not very satisfying now to my more metallic ears.

Geoff

Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote: FIRE DANCES and REVELATIONS???

You're not right in the head.

Alex in NYC