[kj] Mik Raven is Back Again!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 17 10:11:15 EST 2006

Holy crap! Mik Raven Returns!!!

Welcome back!!!!!

Let's see - what have you missed: The Gathering is more rife with
pungent bullshit than ever before, Killing Joke released a sub-par
record (thought ought to stir things back up again), they didn't tour
it very well, they didn't release Gems of Power (although took some
of our money for it), lots of cryptic promises have been made, thus
far without fruition. Ummmm...Raven toured with Ministry and is now
playing in a band with some ex-Skatenigs/Ministry folk called Snow
Black. Something is rumored to be scheduled for a February re-release
(someone suggested a re-mastered EXTREMITIES, but I'm not sure how
well-founded that is).

On these shores, you'll doubtlessly be pleased to hear that CBGB's
(the birthplace of Punk Rock, as we all know) has been closed, gutted
and will probably soon be turned into a Pret a Manger or some shit.

On other fronts, I quit TIME magazine and have since sold my soul and
work at MTV News Online, which is slowly eroding what little is left
of my sanity. That said, I did manage to sneak in a article about
Killing Joke, so even if I get fired tomorrow (could happen!), at
least I can say I did my part for the cause.

What's the latest with you?

Details, man, details! Let's hear'em.

Cheers & welcome back again. We need more old skoolers back in the fold.

Alex in NYC
e-mail: vassifer at earthlink.net
weblog: http://vassifer.blogs.com