[kj] OT: Melvins & flipper were awsome!

Tim Bucknall tim.bucknall at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 14 06:18:15 EST 2006

best gig ever, the sound was also awsome (KJ take note!), it was still loud but it was crystal clear,
i swear the Melvins were playing the beat from "Murder Inc" but naturally neither myself or my mate caught that bit on tape <sigh>

Crover must be the hardest working "stoner" ever!
he was dressed as Elvis for the opening band Porn (or is it "men of porn"?)
he talked to the crowd a lot and played the theme from Benny Hill on a Duck call!
as well as part of "tune in, turn on, cop out" by Freak power (a uk one hit wonder from 1995)

everyone joined flipper for "Sacrifice" it sounded amazing with 2 drummers hammering away,
Krist is really getting into it contrary to some of the reports from earlier in the tour.

you could see he was really trying to fit in and just be part of the band, he used to play barefoot so i yelled "show us your feet" his expression was priceless!

they didn't do scentless apprenctice, but i don't think it would have fitted with the rest of the wonderfull set anyway,

we didn't feel the need to chase autographs after the show, the night was already perfect
I think Flipper are my new fave band, the perfect hybrid of late pistols & early PiL