[kj] Pleasure/Pain , One Word.............

Peter Moltesen sneakypete at uwclub.net
Tue Dec 12 13:04:28 EST 2006

I never liked the Beatles - mainly because as I grew up, there was always
somebody older who insisted that all the music I liked was rubbish and the
only good 'pop' group ever in the history of the world was the Beatles.
And now whenever theres a list of top 100 albums, songs or whatever, its
always the damn Beatles at number 1. Yuck !!!!!

I always thought John Lennon was a pretentious tosser, too. Never trust a
hippy.

OK - from an objective point of view they wrote a couple of decent tunes,
but nowhere near as many as Hawkwind, or Killing Joke, or the Cure, or many
others. I suspect if I had been of a certain age in the mid sixties I'd have
preferred the Stones or the Yardbirds.

As for Sgt Pepper or Revolver being psychedelic masterpieces, well -
Pink Floyd's 'Piper at the Gate of Dawn' or the first 13th Floor Elevators
album or Amon Duul II' s 'Yeti' (to name but three were infinitely more
psychedelic in my opinion - and much closer to being masterpieces).

Its all a matter of personal taste, I suppose ;o)
and my dreams are sweet

Peter