[kj] Killing Joke - Is that it?

Lennonka svoje.ja at centrum.cz
Fri Dec 8 06:53:23 EST 2006

Hi Jiri
Okay, now I see your reasons and I respect your point of view.
But I have faith that this will change.

Have a good day!

Lennonka

> Od: unspeakable at sbcglobal.net

> Komu: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>

> Datum: 07.12.2006 23:12

> Předmět: Re: [kj] Killing Joke - Is that it?

>Lennonka wrote:

>> How can you write something like that?

>> Easy! Turn on the spigot, and it drips out! And you?

>> You DON'T KNOW! Of course not! But the question from Neil was "What do

you guys think," so I said what I thought...

>> Neither I do know. So better we both shut up.

>> There are two parties in that bargain!

>Seriously, I'm just speculating based on a) history; b) visual evidence

at gigs; c) reports from others at gigs, d) the number of "hard-livin'
rock and rollers" who have dropped dead and/or fallen ill at relatively
young ages; and e) *way* too much experience with alcoholics.

>Best wishes for you, and Jaz, and Geordie, etc. I'd prefer nothing else

than that they be healthy and prolific...

>> With best wishes

>> Lennonka

>>> Komu: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"

<gathering at misera.net>

>>> Datum: 06.12.2006 18:24

>>> Předmět: Re: [kj] Killing Joke - Is that it?

>>> I'd certainly love another effort (if it sucks, it sucks, so what.

It's >> just music. I'd rather hear the attempt than nothing at all). Even
with >> their poor organization/motivation and another 7-year hiatus, they

>> surely will want to record again at some point. But if I had to bet,

I'd >> say we're looking at another long, post-Democracy-like period of >>
canceled tours (check!), inactivity (check!) and aborted half-attempts >>
at a new recording, with the return of the ever-changing cast of >>
discarded session drummers. And Jaz becomes Axl Rose.

>>> But this is where health enters the equation. Their lifestyle and >>

advancing age may conspire to botch their next attempt. The body >>
forgives alcoholism for a while -- hell, it forgives daily drinking up >>
to a point -- but if they carry this self-abuse on unchanged into their

>> 50s, well...I for one wouldn't underwrite their insurance policies.

>>> I've often wondered how Jaz's symphony colleagues receive his act --

>> esp. if/when he shows up blitzed. I wonder if the "mysterious tortured

>> genius" act gets their forgiveness.

of

inactivity

basically fell off

past year, they

desire to make the effort) for

to Jaz and Geordies >>> lackluster interest in making any real effort to
go any further at this