[kj] Killing Joke - Is that it?

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 18:50:39 EST 2006

After being around the Gathering as long as I have and seeing them come back
(ie. the last 2 albums), and how the hoped-for juggernaut (cd release, tours, vids,
biomovies, biobooks, Gems of Pow', anniversary dvds, etc.) fizzled worse than a diet soda,
i think they, Killing Joke, are now dead in the ground.
Worse would be if they threw a 'coming back' revival party/tour one day, and nobody
came. I hope I am wrong.

As engaging as Jaz and Goerdie are live, it is evident they don't feel like performing the
way they're previously known to. Ever since it became the Jaz Coleman Five, it's become
stagnant over time: heresy I know, but all that jaz; too much.

I think Jaz should retire and instead be an inspirational, spiritual leader of the band.;~)
Their Osama, if you will. I am sure Geordie&Rave' could scout around for another great singer with at least another decade left in him.
Geordie, Raven, and Big Paul - or even just Raven and Big Paul - I can see easily turning
the ship around into better bluer waters.
Get a really good producer again. (Gill, even Youth, imo).
Hopefully find someone w/in "the system" aka another Conny Plank that will foster their
music successfully (which may ties into, or is, my previous point).

Anyway, just another fan here with no real info on the workings of the music biz, those were just my own thoughts n' hopes.

P.S,
I think if Jaz posted on here for once about wtf is really going on it would go a long way.

Neil Perry <neilfperry at btinternet.com> wrote:
So what does everybody think - is this the end of Killing Joke?
Will we ever see another record/tour?
Pooling our resources, and what we know via band members/gossip etc...
does anyone know?
Just curious to know your thoughts. Personally, I will be enormously surprised if they ever get back out on the road again. But I'd like to be proved wrong.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes