[kj] OT: TV interference

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 11:52:43 EDT 2006

It sounds like the demodulation in the TV is off wack. It's easy to fix with a screwdriver, IF you can get inside.

Janean Lancaster <Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk> wrote:
                Gatherers, I need some techie advice (again).

  I have recently replaced my main TV set (after my old 4:3 set died) with a widescreen one I had in a rarely used room.

  The problem is that anytime there’s a significant amount of white in the picture, the TV makes a whistling sound.  It’s not very loud but it’s driving us close to the edge.  It also does it when the Sky menu is on-screen.

  My friend has the exact same model of TV and his doesn’t do it.  Do you think cheap cables are to blame?

  Any ideas?
  Janean