[kj] Anonymity

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Wed Aug 30 04:36:44 EDT 2006

Funny that isn't it.

Wearing the mask doesn't sell side projects does it?

The lure of the dollar!

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

--- angrytomhanks at yahoo.com wrote:

From: Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com>
To: Gorillaspanker at aussiemail.com.au,	"A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] Anonymity
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Don't forget the Residents!

My favourite thing about Slipknot is that they started
out with the whole anonymity thing but once they
actually got big, they all came out with their "side
projects" wherein they unmasked so they could finally
start getting recognized at the movies and the 7-11.

Leigh

--- gorilla spanker <Gorillaspanker at aussiemail.com.au>
wrote:

It could be argued that the whole anonymity business
was a clever marketing ploy , also used in recent
times by Slipknot , KLF, Polyphonic Spree and KISS
amongst others. A marketing ploy to get people
interested and create an aura of mystery .
   Also I dont think that "Total Exploitation" had
anything to do with the original ethics of Punk,
either