[kj] OT Mission of Burma & good ol'fat

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 09:54:33 EDT 2006

I'd say so far this year the only new albums that I've
played as much as the Killing Joke one were the new
ones by Mission of Burma and Bardo Pond.

MISSION OF BURMA 'THE OBLITERATI' (MATADOR)

You can hear just over half of this album here:
www.obliterati.net

The only new 7" single I Iistened to a lot over the
last couple of months:

STRANGER SON OF WB 'SNAKES' (KUM BA YAH)

Recorded by Part Chimp, the debut from Manchester's
new brutalist art rock hopes is as venomous as the
title suggests. Fans of The Fall ask what kind of
music? Not a metal song! BH

www.myspace.com/strangersonofwb

meanwhile

A recent study into weight issues by the Centers for
Disease
Control and Prevention, in America, included a number
of people
suffering from cancer and dicky hearts in their
sample. These
people, as well as being seriously ill, or rather as a
result of
being seriously ill, were mostly very thin. The US
Government
Agency therefore concluded that being overweight is
actually
rather good for you. The healthy choice. Look at those
thin
people, they jeered. They're at death's door. QED.

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!