[kj] Beautiful Days festival

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:11:11 EDT 2006

The Beautiful days set list...

Gratitude
Asteroid
Wardance
Total Invasion
Unspeakable
Bloodsport
Frenzy
Whiteout
The Wait
Pssyche
Pandemonium

------------------
Requiem
Complications

Very predictable, very going through the motions and my god what is
happening to this band. Still enjoyed but in a default "its KJ" sort of way.
Does that make sense?

Ben had a MAJOR strop. His drum kit was playing up and was under constant
attention from the roadies throughout the set. He stormed off obviously very
unhappy after Pandemonium. Then after the first song of the encore which was
Requiem he literally sprinted off stage in a huff and had to be brought
(dragged) back by Jaz. Geordie laughed at the situation. Overall a very
missable gig, but a unique experience for me as I've never seen KJ whilst
wearing wellies.
Got some photos that I'll put up.

Highlights other that KJ, for me at least, was Echo and the Bunnymen. I've
never been mad about these but I thought they were fantastic. I may even buy
some Bunnymen off ebay. Buzzcocks, Hugh Cornwell and Gold Blade all great.

Brian.