[kj] OT: Miss the curries

John Carville John at PRIO.NO
Mon Aug 21 04:32:13 EDT 2006

Missing the UK curries? I know that feeling. Try 'The Curry Secret',
which explains the trick behind Indian restaurant cooking in the UK. I
tried it, and my bhunas and dals are now in great shape. Time to move on
to the Dhansak soon....

See
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0716020548/ref=cm_cr_d
p_2_1/102-5334536-8484154?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-Submission
Date&n=283155

The technique requires at certain amount of advance preparation (like
boiling up a pan of chopped onions, garlic and ginger for 45 mins), but
it works! Grinding your own spices is recommended too. My home-ground
garam masala (explained in book) is a wonder to inhale.

JC