[kj] Jaz's reading matter

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 05:05:06 EDT 2006

I take it you hadn't heard about the movie starring Gwyneth Paltrow then?

nicholas fitzpatrick <gasw30 at hotmail.com> wrote:  In an interview somewhere recently Jaz said one of his favourite books was
"Possession - a romance" by AS Byatt.

I went out and bought it (Hark! the power of advertising) and I've been
trying to finish it for five weeks now. Sure, it's a good book technically,
but it's freakin boring. It turns out NOT to be what I was hoping for,
namely an occult-laden de Vinci Code-but-better. In fact it's a Victorian
love story told through the eyes of two modern day poetry scholars and it's
doing my frikkin nut in.

I award it three stars, though.

***

http://www.flipsidemovies.com