[kj] OT: MAKE IT STOP!

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 14:34:41 EDT 2006

I am always in disbelief of those people who insist on speaker hugging, they're mad!
  An exception to this was a girl who used to go to 'deep space' and 'knowledge' back in the early 90s. She was actually deaf, and hugged the speakers to feel the sound.
  I guess one of the loudest bands I've seen would be the young gods, but a lot of the time it's just sound guys screwing up, always pushing the mids too much, ouch! I have experienced this a lot stateside. I also remember seeing techno animal  at the knitting factory a while ago, it wasn't necessarily loud, but the bass was being driven so hard it swamped everything. I guess that's the problem of using the default settings on a 'turbo sound' rig, and forgetting to actually use your ears. It doesn't matter how well these rigs can predict sound pressure levels and the acoustics of a space, you still need your ears.

vanessa luff <v.luff at ntlworld.com> wrote:
          Leftfield - absolutely!  My heart thought it was going to get 'bass-ed' right out of my chest!  There was no let up at all, speakers to the front of the crowd, to the side and did you see the wall of speakers at the back of the crowd too?

  But as you say - 'A clean sound'