[kj] OT: MAKE IT STOP!

Alexandra Tolksdorf a.tolksdorf at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 15:19:44 EDT 2006

Hello,
  I know loads of people who had accupuncture treatment for all kinds of reasons, and most of them were very happy with the results. This was paid for by most health insurances in Germany. Homoeopathic and accupuncture treatments are widely accepted there, often done by "ordinary" doctors with extra qualifications for these things.
  Anyway, a friend of mine had tinnitus problems and used to stick a small rock crystal in his ear. That was supposed to help.
  I know it sounds strange, but maybe it's worth a try.
  All the best, AlexInNY!

  -Hämbürger.

James Osborne <rush_me_away at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Don't know what to say. But I can't imagine any major health institutions recommending accupuncture. At least I know around here no insurence company will cover any sort of accupuncture treatment for anything.

Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:          Hey gang,....
  As many of you Gathering oldsters might remember from my whiney e-mails back in the day, I developed Tinnitus in my right ear back in October of 1999. In the ensuing years, the persistent ringing more or less levelled-off (this after a two-year moratorium on headphones). In the last month, however, the ringing has inexplicably increased in volume and annoyance. I don't know if it's my diet or work-related stress or the time of year or being irresponsile with my iPod (that's probably it right there), but it's a bit worse than it has been.
  I was wondering if anyone out there in Gatheringland similarly suffers from Tinnitus and, if so, what are you doing about it? I'm seriously looking into trying accupuncture. It has a somewhat dubious track record of success in Tinnitus treatment, but if sticking needles in my head has a chance of liberating me from the demonic gremlin with an air-horn who lives in my head, I'm all fucking for it.
  Anyone?
  Alex in NYC

James "Bruce" Osborne
rush_me_away at yahoo.com