[kj] JJ on next album

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 16:18:44 EDT 2006

"Michael Head" wrote:

> I'd imagine one of the things of most interest to you guys from my  trip
> to see Ministry last week was Joey's unequivocal statement that  he is to
> play drums on the next Killing Joke album.

Ministry's current drummer claims he'll be playing on the next KJ album?!?

I guess this begs the question of Ben being sacked or leaving the band
anytime soon. And of course, there's a "next" KJ album in the works?!? HA!
Like Jaz and Geordie plan anything past next week.

The most serious issue is, having seen Joey in Ministry earlier this year, I
was completely unimpressed with his playing, especially on the older songs.
Granted, Killing Joke doesn't rely so heavily on loops and samples like
Ministry does and KJ's music from a drummer's standpoint *is* easier to
play, but I was really floored how badly at times Joey's timing was off from
the sampled percussion/click tracks and a quick check of Ministry's message
board shows my opinion is shared by a *lot* of people who've caught their
current tour. There are a lot of far better drummers out there.

T.B.